In 1988, the congregation held its 225th Anniversary with a year long celebration. One memorable event was held on May 22nd when the 225th Anniversary of the first Confirmation Class, confirmed on May 22, 1763 was celebrated. Bishop Harold S. Weiss delivered the sermon. The Rev. Lynn Rothrock, assistant to the Bishop, was lector. The Rev. Dr. Harvey M. Weitzel, assisted by Bishop Weiss confirmed the 1988 class. Attending the service was the Confirmation Class of 1938 in honor of their 50th
anniversary. Another memorable event was the Colonial Service held on October 2nd, when the Pastor and Congregation were in colonial dress. Oh Yes! Pastor Weitzel arrived on horseback at both the 8:00 and 10:30 a.m. services.
During the past 83 years a number of major renovations and repairs were made to the church. In 1992, a capital fund raising was conducted to make repairs to the stained glass windows, new roofing, electrical work and adding dryvit to the exterior walls. This work was finished in 1993. However, the appearance of the interior of the church is generally the same as it was after the major renovation of 1917.
In 1995, the congregation approved a motion to move forward with the planning of a new Fellowship Wing and a new fund raising campaign was launched in 1996. Ground was broken on the first. Sunday in October, 1997 with a joyous celebration. Construction began the next morning and by Christmas Eve the studding for the walls was being erected. The new Fellowship Wing was completed in September, 1998 and the dedication and dinner took place on Sunday, September 27, 1998 at 4:00 p.m. The Reverend Dr. Harvey M. Weitzel, Pastor, was assisted by Reverend Cheryl F. Meinschein, Associate of the Bishop, and by Reverend David R. Strobel, Bishop of Northeastern Pennsylvania Synod, who delivered the sermon.
Over the past 237 years our congregation has had only 17 pastors, they are as follows:
|Rev. John A. Frederici||1763-1772|
|Rev. Christian Steit||1772-1780|
|Rev. John F. Ernst||1780-1792|
|Rev. Conrad Yeager||1793-1832|
|Rev. Joshua Yeager||1832-1842|
|Rev. Jeremiah Shindel||1842-1842|
|Rev. Dr. G. A. Wenzel||1842-1851|
|Rev. C. F. Welden||1851-1864|
|Rev. J. B. Rath||1864-1870|
|Rev. I. W. Bieber||1871-1907|
|Rev. J. A. Klixk||1907-1939|
|Rev. Israel A. Yost||1940-1943|
|Rev. Robert L. Herman||1943-1976|
|Rev. Joseph Slusser||1976-1986|
|ReV. Dr. Harvey M. Weitzel||1986-2005|
|Rev. David Newhart||2005-2006|
|Rev. Dr. Christian Eichorn||2006-|
Its interesting to note that four pastors have served for a combined total of 140 years. Pastor Yegar for 39 years, Pastor Bieber for 36 years, Pastor Klixk for 32 years and Pastor Herman for 33 years.